Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Longest Slog.

The coat trudges on. I'm at the stage where i seem to do as much un-sewing as I do actual sewing. I have managed to assemble the lining-and it looks pretty good. I've experimented with the sleeve setting technique I first saw on  Gerties blog (and which is incredibly satisfying and gives a great result).  Basically this has been a huge project, Burda calls it a "masterpiece" for good reason, and I'm being a little burnt out on a garment I will have very few chances to actually wear.... Because the cruel joke is that the coat is a true winter garment and real "winter"is in short supply here in Los Angeles. Better progress shots to come!


2 comments:

Catherine Daze said...

Don't give up! The last few bits always seem to take forever.

Jane said...

This is going to look fabulous. You mustn't give up!