Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Difference between Men and Women, part 1.

Los Angeles has been broiling hot; even though we are lucky to have an airy house on a hill it's still been stifling.

Last night I woke up at 2am, convinced that burglers were going to slip through our open garden doors and murder us in our beds.  I got up and slept fitfully on the couch for the rest of the night, calculating that this way I would hear them approaching and - oh - shout at them or something.

At 3am my boyfriend woke up convinced that burglers were going to slip through our open garden doors and murder us in our beds.  He got up, went to his gun safe, got out a massive Luger pistol, put it on his nightstand and fell happily back asleep.

And no, I didn't sign off on this action.  I'm pretty sure the only person who be injured in such a scenario is one of us.

But at least we all finally got some rest.

2 comments:

oonaballoona said...

this s too friggin funny. so we'll both be sleepy when we convene...

cidell said...

hahahahaha!! This. Hillarious.