Saturday, January 21, 2012

BURDA WOF 11/07 Cocktails in the Snow

This dress has reminded me of a valuable lesson; if something looks like hell, put it in the closet and forget about it for a few days. I really hated this dress when it was done. The construction was a little half-assed, and though it fits well from the front it seemed to have a ton of drag lines and fitting issues from the back that I couldn't figure out how to fix (radiating from the upper outer corners at the neck down to the center back at the waist / and from the center back at the waist out to the thigh at the side seam).
After I stuck it in the closet for a few days I pulled it out, put it on, and took some pictures. Now I think it is kind of cute. It's a great pattern. The darts give a neat little L-shape that I'd never tried before. I love the high neckline and thing straps which seem very 90s to me (have a peak at the 1996 Vogue shot of a model in a similar number). This dress will work well on my upcoming Caribbean vacation, though I doubt it will translate to my next two destinations; Ithaca NY and Oslo, Norway.
The sweater is my very own Beatnik.

2 comments:

JoanneM said...

What is not to like?
I agree it is a curious take on a sheath dress, but your fabric is excellent and the fit is excellent.
It will look even better in the sunny months!
Well done!

Valerie said...

I think it's cute too.