Thursday, July 14, 2011

Broo-Haa-Haa-Ing

It must be the heat of summer, but there seems to be Broo-Haa-Haa-Ing all over the sewing interweb lately.  I've been lucky to meet many of my favorite sewing bloggers, and they are universally charming, so I'm going to make a bold statement and say it's all The Other People's Fault. Unless of course, you are one of the Other People, in which case I reverse my opinion.  I remember when knitting took off - there was a real sense of us vs them, and people fell into camps quickly with not much room or flexibility for acknowledging the "other sides'" perspective then.  It was silly, but to be honest, massively entertaining to view from the sidelines.  Now that I know people in the middle of the dust-up it just feels silly and pointless and occasionally quite mean.

Sew your frocks from Pork Chops if it makes you happy, just don't be mean to the people who choose Chicken Wire instead!

2 comments:

cidell said...

Is this something about the muslin? Or something? I've been reading whiffs of it and rolling my eyes.

Caroline said...

there was some broo-haa-haa-ing there! I actually missed the whole thing, so I don't know if it was as mean as some of the other ones recently.