Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Nan Goldin, Chelsea Hotel

This dress was a bit of an experiment.   It's a Burda WOF boatneck t-shirt top with an added skirt, the material is super soft jersey from Joanns, though I think it was a little stretched and off-grain.  I was feeling that my wardrobe was skewing old, and I needed something with a little more joie de vivre.  Stripes, jersey and mini seemed like a combination, but there's no getting around that I look a little nuts in this one.

Ideally I was going for a '70s downtown kind of vibe, but if I'm honest I look like a certain homocidial maniac from beyond the grave.  The material is lovely, really soft and cozy, and I greatly enjoy wearing this dress, but the taste level really isn't there.  I think I may remove the skirt (the double red band was a design choice, but it's too far down my body and looks accidental) and return this to a top.

I love the long sleeves and the boatneck.  The dress concept will be returned to, but probably as a more basic little number.


The setting is my hotel room in San Jose, CA.  Here for work, and missing my farm.

1 comment:

A.J.A. said...

I rather like it, actually! It is summery, cute, and I think it has that youthful look you were going for. Of course, I think it would be great as a top too :)