Sunday, March 13, 2011

Moving, again

I never really know how to mix personal stuff with sewing and craft stuff on this blog, but here goes.  Right now I'm sitting in the midst of my entire bubble-wrapped, boxed-up life.  Again.  Actually for the 6th time in the last 14 months.  No need to rehash the whole hellish experience, but it started with a seemingly wonderful relationship going really, really bad.  And ever since then I've been on the run.  Mostly to avoid the temptation to go back to a bad situation.  Now I'm two states away, and my sub-let is up and I'm packing again.  I try to be positive.  It's good to invite change, take chances, avoid old-bad situations.  And so on.  But the truth is if there was anyway for me to make it work with my ex in a non-toxic, healthy way I would high-tail it back there.  This is an exhausting way for a soon-to-be 40 woman to live her life.  But right now I don't know what else to do.

5 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'm really sorry, hang in there.

I am new to your blog, but so far it seems great and what caught my attention is that you were recently in New Mexico (where I live).

I'm a little confused; do you live with/near your ex now and you're moving away? Or do you keep on moving to take your mind off the situation?

Caroline said...

Hi Stefanie, actually I live in NM now. I just moved north of Santa Fe. I lived in Cali w/ my ex... fun times! I had to get out of state to avoid getting stuck in an on again / off again w/ him.
Where are you?

Stefanie said...

I am actually moving from Albuquerque to Los Alamos next week!

Caroline said...

oh fun, well maybe we can get together! I'll be back next week (around the 20th).

Stefanie said...

I will actually be out of town until about April 4th (bad timing, I know), so if you are moving before then we might miss each other. Feel free to email me though if you will still be in NM; stef218@gmail.com