Sunday, October 14, 2007

When all else fails...




I was kind of hoping this weekend might be more exciting than the last, with my Nerve date who was totally charming, but at least 10 years older than advertised. But no dates this weekend alas, not even coffee at CrapBucks round the corner. Come on guys, at this point all you have to be is attractive enough to make out with, I'm not looking for a great career, stimulating hobbies, or fancy digs. I can supply all those myself.

Anyway, no romance, but I did make a new shirt. This is from the newest Burda (10/07) and I made it out of some mysterious jersey that was in my stash. Sewing knits is always a bit of an adventure for me, and makes me wish I had a sewing mentor to turn to, rather than being 100% self taught. I used fuse web instead of hemming, which has always seemed like a bit of a cheat in the past, but it sure makes the sewing process faster. I adjusted for a sloping shoulder, but forgot to reduce the sleeve cap as well, which is why it looks a little poofy. Not totally sure about thsi, so I'll wear it tomorrow to see how it holds up over a day at the office.

Paired it here with my tapered Levi's that I got free at a clothing swap, and took in myself. Free outfit, sweet!


And this is why it takes twice as long to sew one tee-shirt as it should...

4 comments:

christina said...

Nice shirt, I like that color. And your kitty is a-dorable...

Lisa said...

I may need to go to Mood soon...
And about the Elmers... make me an offer...

Mimi said...

I love the top, I cant wait to see the tennis dress from Patrones.

My Blog

Nancy W. said...

I have the same problem and was wishing I had a camera tonight when I was trying to cut out a top in between flips of the tail. BTW, your black dress (electric blue zipper or not) is a show-stopper