Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another new dress....

I made this dress for a Halloween party on Saturday, and it is the first dress I have ever started and finished on the same day. I cut the first piece at 9am, and sewed the last hem stitch at 6pm. For 30 bucks of fabric (my favorite Duponi silk, with a silk lining) I think I got a pretty fantastic dress. I added fake blood, some costume jewellery, and black evening gloves for a Park Ave Vampire look. (The pattern is Vogue 9668 I think... out of print though).

The only downside is that I missed my friend (hopefully still...!) Lisa's gallery opening. Lisa I'm a schmuck and a louse. I'm sorry...

It still needs some work, and the only zipper I had was electric blue (Ill have to paint it black with a Sharpie marker and black nail polish), but I think it came out well...




C

2 comments:

Our Heroine said...

Love the dress--amazing fit!

Jodi said...

Gorgeous dress! I love the shape of it.