Saturday, September 29, 2007

Finished...


The orange dress was a hit at the wedding... I literally finished it about half-an-hour before dinner, and the lining still isn't tacked down properly. In fact, in the bathroom at the restaurant I noticed I still had a couple of pins holding it all together! I ended up lining the bodice as well on this, and think it helped give it more body and stability. Pretty proud all round. Nice to wear a homemade dress that gets tons of compliments, and my favorite Prada shoes (on sale, come on...) set it off nicely. I can see making this dress again. It has a very LAMB feel in the tartan that Burda made it up in, and I like that a lot.

11 comments:

christina said...

I love the how this looks in silk; goes to show this dress works with many fabrics. Tres chic!

Tany said...

Fabulous!! You did an outstanding job!!

Cidell said...

So nice! I need to get started on mine.

Tiger Feet said...

thanks!!! I am very happy with it, and appreciate all the kind words...

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

The dress and the color is simply stunning on you!

Lisa said...

Look at all those cat toys on the floor... where are all the kitty pictures?

Jocelyn said...

great, great dress -- looks perfect on you! can you tell me which issue of burda you found it in? thanks so much.

Tiger Feet said...

IT is from the 9/2007 Burda WOF, there is a newstand in LA that has it if you can't find it online.

Fabi said...

wha?? you made this dress?! it is amazing!! looks designer, love the color and it fits you perfectly!! I can't wait 'til I get this good (if ever heehee)!

Jennifer said...

Looove that dress!

Jocelyn said...

thank you! i have that mag, my mom got me a subcription and i put off looking at it for a while because I get all nuts about the gazillion things I want to make out of it. Yay! I'm so happy I have the pattern. Although there is no way my version is going to even touch yours.