Thursday, August 02, 2007

Simplicity 3631


I am such an old fart. This new Simplicity pattern totally speaks to me. The whole thing is very Audrey Hepburn, chic, effortless, sophisticated. Exactly what I need to run the streets of LA in. If I didn't feel ancient before... I guess I must just give up and accept that I am about 40 years behind the times, and just go with it. The current (and apparantly last) issue of Sew Stylish is devoted to multiple incarnations of this pattern...

This weekend I move into my new apartment. It is in a very orthodox jewish neighborhood, which suits me fine. Plenty of businesses within walking distance, valet service at the corner market, and the lulling sounds of chanting on Friday at sunset...

2 comments:

Eithne said...

I hadn't really looked at this pattern because I didn't like the fabric and colour used on envelope but now that i've seen the line drawns I think its great!Thanks!

fashionistakay said...

oh no this old patterns are great. don't call urself that!
you're very right i is very hepburnesque!
p.s.check out my latest blog post!