Friday, May 18, 2007

Retro Rewind

It's a little disconcerting - but a lot of fun - that mid-90s fashions seem to be coming back in a big way. It seems like only yesterday that I was sewing them up the first time! I am totally inspired my the Prada and Miu Miu looks from around 95 and 96. I love the bold fabrics (themselves a throwback to the late 60s and 70s), the mod-ish shapes and the simple glam.

Maybe we all are emotionally attracted to the clothes we wore when we were young and life was all promise. I was a troubled person in the mid-90s, but I wrapped myself up in images of Carolyn Murphy and Kristen McMenany in Prada, and had a vision of what life could be like. I sometimes wish I could go back to my 26 year-old-self, and tell her, "You're better than you think you are."


1 comment:

Tany said...

I have a lot of mid-90s Burda International magazines and I treasure them very much! My current sewing project came from one of those BIs